I grew up eating zucchini bread every summer using fresh zukes straight from Nonna’s garden. I love how this recipe adds a tangy twist to the classic recipe with blueberries. After I bake it, I like to wrap it in plastic wrap so the crust gets gooey, but Peter prefers it crunchy. To each his (or her) own!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups white sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a bread pan.
- In a large bowl or with a stand mixer, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in zucchini and blueberries, then transfer batter to bread pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from allrecipes.com.