Simple Caprese Salad with Eggs and Toast
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick or string cheese
- 1 small tomato
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 slices whole grain bread
- Start by assembling the salad. Arrange mixed salad greens on a plate. Slice the tomato and layer over the greens. Slice the mozzarella cheese stick and layer on top of the tomato. Drizzle the salad lightly with balsamic vinegar and oil, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Warm a small frying pan over medium heat with a little bit of oil (or cooking spray). Crack the two eggs into the pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook to your preferred doneness, flipping once. (I like my eggs over-medium, so I cook about 2 minutes on each side.)
- Meanwhile, toast the whole grain bread. (I lightly buttered my toast, but that's certainly optional.)
- Arrange the eggs and toast on the plate with the salad, and voila! An easy, healthful meal.