This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but you need to allow time for the cheese log to chill. Prep it the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight. However, wait to do the pistachio step until you are ready to eat it, as they can get soft.
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese (I use the ⅓ less fat kind)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled, dry roasted and unsalted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or other bowl), mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard and Worcestershire. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Once chilled, turn cheese mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper. Roll into the shape of a log about 8" long and 3" in diameter. Replace in the refrigerator to chill at least another hour, or overnight.
- To prep the pistachios, put them in a zippered plastic bag, and roll with a rolling pin until they are broken into small pieces. (Note: If you bought raw pistachios, you can quickly roast them by heating them in a skillet for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant.)
- On a clean sheet of waxed paper, spread pistachios, then roll the cheese log over them, pressing lightly, so they will stick to the outside.
- Serve with crackers.
Adapted from Martha Stewart.