These muffins make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack. Plus, they freeze well, too!
Morning Glory Muffins
Serves: 18 muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins, with by placing paper muffin cups or spraying your pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together sugar, eggs, butter, oil and vanilla.
- Add the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them ¾ full (I use a ¼ cup measure.)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
- If freezing, allow to cool completely. Remove muffin cup papers, if you used them, then place muffins in freezer bags. When ready to eat, microwave for 45 seconds at 50% power. Frozen muffins will keep for up to 2 months.
Adapted from allrecipes.com