Serves: 30 cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl or with a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg, syrup, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift together baking soda, salt, and flour. Add to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and dip the tops in sugar. Place on cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook on a wire rack.
Adapted from allrecipes.com.