I love the convenience of freezer waffles, but feel underwhelmed by the cardboard-like versions available at the grocery store. Instead, I use my favorite recipes to make my own and have ready-made breakfast for days!
- Start by making a batch of waffles, using any recipe you prefer. I like to make and freeze these Savory Waffles. Allow waffles to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice waffles into halves or quarters so they will later fit in your toaster.
- Place waffles in a freezer bag, stacked, getting as much air out of the bag as you can when closing it. Put the bag in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to eat, heat the waffle first in the microwave for 20-30 second, or until warm.
- Then transfer to the toaster and cook until just crisp, about 1 minute.