Today is my birthday (yay!), and what better way to celebrate than with a very indulgent recipe! I have to admit, I might like raw cookie dough better than baked cookies, but I’m always skeeved out by raw eggs. This recipe substitutes a little milk as a binding ingredient; problem solved! And yes, I’m going to eat it all (don’t judge me, I’m pregnant). Happy birthday to me!
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (I like a mix of semisweet and milk chocolate, but you can get creative!)
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla in a mixing bowl or with a stand mixer.
- Add the flour, soda, salt to the sugar mixture and beat until loosely combined.
- Add the milk and beat until dough is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Finished dough keeps in the refrigerator 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Freeze in smaller amounts wrapped in plastic for a tasty snack!
Adapted from Kailley’s Kitchen.